Firmware Update

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
Guiem
Firmware Update

Post by Guiem »

Hi,

I've seen that the latest firmware version is 4.1.4 but when I use the IonMotion software to update my Robolaw 2x15 it doesn't change the version and it keeps being the 4.1.2. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Guiem
admin
Site Admin
Re: Firmware Update

Post by admin »

The new manual has been updated before we got the latest IonMotion software released. The next release will have the 4.1.4 firmware. Currently 4.1.2 is still the newest available firmware.
Guiem

Post by Guiem »

Hi,

I've tested the new firmware version with the IonMotion software and I've seen that the polarity of the motors 1A and 1B is different to the version 4.1.2. What is the reason of this change?

Thanks!
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Please check the latest version. firmware 4.1.5. Also is this only specific to a particular mode?
EdMartini

Post by EdMartini »

I'm sure if it was a snake, I'd get bitten, but I cannot find any firmware or instructions on how to update.

It's not in the manual, nor in the downloads section here:

http://www.ionmc.com/RoboClaw-2x15A-Mot ... _p_10.html

When I search using the ionmc search box I get this:

Your search for "firmware" returned the following results...

0 Records Found.
Please try a different Search (enter 3 or more characters).

I installed the Windows Setup Application and it says that it needs later firmware to run, so it seems to have been updated since 4.1.5.

It seems like the "Firmware Update" topic would be a good place for a link and instructions. :)
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

When you open IonMotion, the first screen shown is the Firmware update screen. If you connect your roboclaw to the PC, the software will automatically detect it and update the status on the firmware update screen. If the unit has the latest bootloader you can just click the update firmware button and the unit will be put into bootloader mode and the firmware updated. If it is an older board(with the older bootloader) you will have to manually put it into bootloader mode by holding the Mode button while powering it up. The three leds will start cycling in sequence when you do this. If you click the update firmware button and you have an older bootloader version a message will pop up(after a few seconds) explaining how to put the board into bootloader mode as well.