RoboClaw Solo Ion Motion Control 30A

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
Basicmicro Support
Re: RoboClaw Solo Ion Motion Control 30A

Post by Basicmicro Support »

I think only ERR is lit. The other two LEDs have green light but there may be some bleed in the light pipe from the ERR led.

You can check the error status specifically using Ion Studio to see what is causing the problem. You need to connect to a Windows PC with a USB cable(and main power) and instal Ion Studio from our website and the Windows USB driver.

It appears you have a USB cable already connected. Are you using a Windows PC or something else to talk to the Roboclaw? Your post doesnt have very useful information in it. Please keep in mind I cant read minds and simply stating the ERR LED is lit doesnt tell me much either. If you have read the User Manual you know there are many warnings and errors defined by what the ERR LED is doing. Is it blinking or solid. How many blinks before a 1 second puase between the blink sequences? How are you controlling the motor(RC,Analog, USB packet serial, TTL packet serial). What are you using to control the motor controller(RC Radio, Arduino, Raspberry-Pi, PC, Windows, Linus). What are you powering the controller with(batteries, power supply)? If you are using a power supply have you setup a voltage clamp properly for regen energy? Have you changed any of the default settings? What were the changes?

As you can see there is alot of information you could provide to help me help you. With none of that I have to make a wild guess. In this case I would have to say a solid ERR LED indicates a warning(under voltage, over voltage, over temperature potentially) since only warnings can cause a solid ERR Led without STAT1 AND STAT2 lit. There is one error state where the ERR is solid but both STAT1 and STAT2 woudl be on as well(eg caused by issuing an E-Stop signal).