Mosfet check

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
everjam
Mosfet check

Post by everjam »

Hello

I want to check if those roboclaws still work. See attachment. The mosfets may be damaged but I'm not sure. I can check with a multimeter the drain-source of the mosfet but I don't know which component is it.

Do you have a datasheet or pin mapping of them?

Thank you
Attachments
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (72.21 KiB) Viewed 5505 times
Basicmicro Support
Re: Mosfet check

Post by Basicmicro Support »

The Mosfets on the middle ones and the green one on the left are on the bottom of the PCB. Note these three are no longer supported(they are 7 to 8 year old designs.

The two on the right are still supported(the ones with the heat sinks on top). The mosfets are under the heat sink on top on them. If they are not fuctioning you can send them in and we can see if they are repairable. They are also very old designs but we do still do repairs on them.
everjam

Post by everjam »

Thank you for your reply.
Yes this is old stuff, just want to know if the hardware still works. I was thinking to measure between drain and source of the mosfet to check if they are burned or not, but I don't know which pin is drain and which is source.
Repair is not needed if they still work.
Basicmicro Support

Look up the mosfet parts on digikey and look at the datasheet for the part to get the pinouts.

Measure the resistance between the draing and source. Should be in the megaohms. You cant do the full mosfet check(turning them on and off with your meter) without removing them from the board so that is about the best you can get as far as measuring.
everjam

Post by everjam »

Yes this is the idea but from the soldered mosfet I don't find the part number.
Can you give it to me? For all 3 boards (green board, red board and red with heat sink on top).

Thank you
Basicmicro Support

Sorry but I dont know the mosfet models on those old revisions. The new models may be IRFH7545 but I cant be sure. We have changed to different mosfets over the years.