Stop working after enable Home (Auto)

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
carlos_en14
Stop working after enable Home (Auto)

Post by carlos_en14 »

I own two 2x7A (old model, with single big capacitor) on version 4.1.19, which both work fine for a time. Now, i decide to enable Home (Auto) for both axis, and when i switched off an on, it seems like it just doesn't start, voltage is not detected on M1 or M2 connector, neither PC recognize it, i have to reset it back to default settings to get it work again (by pressing 3 buttons when switching on). AFAIK this setting should bring Voltaje and current to motors when controller is just switched on, until Home Switch is pressed, respectively, and then it will just wait until next instruction.

Can you please explain why does this happen? or, How does this work?
Basicmicro Support
Re: Stop working after enable Home (Auto)

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Reset the board settings. You only need to hold the middle button while powering on to do this.

Download and install Ion Studio(replaces Ion Motion) and update the firmware(currently 4.1.23).

Double check your motors are working under normal conditions(eg use the PWM Settings sliders to make sure they are working).

I assume you have the newer old model but just in case the home signals only work on the models with S4 and S5 pins. If your single capacitor models are old enough they dont have those pins. If they dont then you cant use the Homing options.

What are you using as your home sensors? What are there default state(eg not triggered).

What did you use to check the voltage on M1/M2?

After the firmware update check home works by setting the Homing mode to User instead of Auto. Then use the PWM settings to move the motors into the home sensor. Or manualy press the home switch while the motors are moving. This will confirm the switches are working correctly.

The firmware update will probably fix you Home(Auto) problem. Note that in the current release you can also set the default power percentage and the timeout period for auto homing now.