-adapter for common tools/hydraulic.

More info coming soon
RoboGangMower
Re: 6x6 "track steer" garden tractor.

Post by RoboGangMower »

Your going to need bigger than a mcp 266

What are your batteries?
What size is the garden tractor?
I have an RC mower using Ego power plus batteries.
46" cut width. zero turn
The mcp266 is what I use. It's pretty over sized but 60v electronics are hard to come by.
Look forward to seeing it
tor_g
Re: 6x6 "track steer" garden tractor.

Post by tor_g »

RoboGangMower wrote:Your going to need bigger than a mcp 266

What are your batteries?
What size is the garden tractor?
I have an RC mower using Ego power plus batteries.
46" cut width. zero turn
The mcp266 is what I use. It's pretty over sized but 60v electronics are hard to come by.
Look forward to seeing it
Hi, I haven't been working on anything regarding the rover as of late, due to the holidays etc the registration of the company has gone slow, so I had a forced vacation sort of. But I'm back tho.

So to get to your questions:

-Regarding needing a larger controller, the motor's I'm using are 48v 30A motor's X4. With cooling I figure I can push 1500w to each motor giving me 6kw of power essentially "8hp".
I'm aiming for a speed between 5-12mph.
and without accounting for loss, with the gear ratio there should be around 190nm of torque.

But I please, if in your experience it will be underpowered I'd like to know why :)

-batteries for this project is not yet decided on. For early testing purposes 4x12v lead acid batteries will be used.

-the frame size is 85x120cm with the wheels adding 40cm in length and about 40 in total width.

-I'm a little confused, are you saying your mcp or mower is oversized?

-I went with the 60v controller for the benefit of being able to run my engines at full capacity despite the batteries being empty (no performance drop at low capacity) and for the sake of running a pack where the batteries would burst into flames before overpowering the mcp :D of course the bms handles the whole "go boom situation".

This will be a proof of concept mainly, and a platform for me to play around with the new Jetson and ROS.
I do intend to devolp something of resale value based upon this rover using multiple mcps for advanced control, I just have to get into it and tinker with it a lot more :)

I'll keep you posted, this thread will be cleaned up soon and more info added.
Tbh I wasn't are it was published yet because last time I checked it hadn't gone through and the business end of it took up some time.

But I'm "back at work" so expect updates and probably quite a few questions :D