Before i purchase roboclaw 60a solo, will it function like this please?

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
Basicmicro Support
Re: Before i purchase roboclaw 60a solo, will it function like this please?

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Roboclaw does not take PWM inputs. Just RC, Analog or Serial.

Your old controller apparently had a differential input. Robocalw does not have one.

Im not sure why you are using a servo in between the rc receiver and the motor driver. I assume you are using the servo as the PID controller. Roboclaw has its own PID controller. So in effect you should just connect the RC directly to the Roboclaw. Setup the Position PID and feedback(eg a pot like on the servo) and tune the PID settings and you are back where you were with your old setup.
Konkurs101

Post by Konkurs101 »

Speaking of the Roboclaw 60a, would it be possible to have it shipped to a hotel or an AirBnB address? Because I'll spend a couple months in spring in Greece, visiting some of these Athens house for insurance estimates, and I'll spend 2 to 3 weeks in different countries for the following 2 months after that, so I'd like to know if I can have it delivered to a temporary address in Greece in February to April, or if it's better to wait until July 2021, when I'll be back home.
I had my 2x7a delivered to my permanent address last month, but I've got other projects until January and won't be home after that.
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

I would not recommend shipping to a temporary address. Shipping times are not as accurate as they were last year. We also may ask for photo copies of payment document if the shipping address is radically different than the billing address. That is usually signs of fraud.
Konkurs101

Post by Konkurs101 »

Thanks for the explanation, I'll keep that in mind and will then have it shipped to my parents' address and pick it up later.