Manual not up to date?

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
Vincent_vd
Manual not up to date?

Post by Vincent_vd »

Hi,

I want to start this off by saying that I greatly appreciate the amount of effort that the team is clearly putting into this devices, but I get the feeling that a lot of the firmware updates are a little rushed. Combined with the fact that the updates are also forced by tying them to the motion studio version you download, it can be a little frustrating.

I recently updated to 4.2.6 from 4.1.34 and can't help but get the impression that there are a lot of changes that don't actually have an explanation?

Just looking at the general tab, there is now an idle mode option, but the manual does not mention this as far as I can see.
Default Accel has changed to "%", but the default value is 2000? When I hover over the field, the tooltip still indicates the value should be 0 - 655360.
Max Regen and Idle delay as far as I know are also new options? There is no tooltip for it, and I do not find any explanation in the manual.

Finally, is it not possible to set current blanking anymore? This was a very useful feature for my project, as we wanted to limit the max current the motor can draw at full speed, but do need more current to overcome stall current at low PWM settings.

Thank you for your help!