2x60 version 4 will not enter bootloader mode

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
kamaroman68
2x60 version 4 will not enter bootloader mode

Post by kamaroman68 »

Hello, as title says no matter what I do the board will not enter bootloader mode. Are there any tricks I can try before I send 2 of my roboclaws in for firmware upgrading? (yes I am holding mode button down while powering up) I have also tried holding the set button and the lipo button down during power up, thinking that maybe the current firmware has a button change issue. Thanks

Chris
Basicmicro Support
Re: 2x60 version 4 will not enter bootloader mode

Post by Basicmicro Support »

If the board will not automatically go into bootloader mode from IonMotion, you will need to force it. Hold the mode button down while powering on the board. The 3 LEDs should begin to cycle in sequence. Then you can connect the board to the PC and open IonMotion. Click the Firmware Update button. The firmware should update in 2 to 4 seconds.

let me know if you have any other problems. Sometimes the buttons can get sticky because they havent been used much(corrosion possibly). You may want to press them 20 times or so to free/clean them up if you have any problems.
kamaroman68

Post by kamaroman68 »

The board will not go into bootloader mode period! Does this and my other v3 roboclaw 2x30 need to be sent in for update/repair? Thanks

Chris
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

If holding the mode button while powering on the board will not get the board into bootloader mode then yes you should send it in with the older V3 board and we will update them.

Send it to our contact address and include your return address inside the box.