Roboclaw with LabVIEW

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
vegat
Roboclaw with LabVIEW

Post by vegat »

Hi,
I am trying to drive a motor with an encoder via LabVIEW. I have downloaded the 'Ion Motion Roboclaw' for LabVIEW, but I have some issues. Does anyone know where I can find examples of how to use the VI's?

For the task, it is desirable to get signals from the encoder in order to run the motor in order to get it to a given position. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Vegard
Basicmicro Support
Re: Roboclaw with LabVIEW

Post by Basicmicro Support »

What have you got so far(eg send a screen shot)?

The labView instrument driver has VIs for all functions in the Roboclaw. If you have experience with LabView it shouldnt be too hard to get it going after reading through the commands in the Roboclaw manual.

Its going to be a little while before we have examples for the instrument driver. We have to finish some other projects before we can get back to that.
vegat

Post by vegat »

Hi,
yesterday I got things to work at some point. For now it is simply moving the motor forwards. But it is a start.
Today, I thought I wanted to get the encoder to work, maybe send some position signal and get the motor to do i.e 1 rotation.

The vi's are great to use, I really appreciate the work you have done in making them!

This may be a really stupid question, but every time I try to post an image on the forum, I just get that the file is to large
vegat

Post by vegat »

Managed to do the 1 rev part. Can't post my VI due to it apparently being an invalid file extension.
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

That(both the pictures and the file) is probably because the forum is locked down pretty tight. What is the file extension. I'll see if I can get it whitelisted.
vegat

Post by vegat »

Great! The file extension is *.vi. Would help a lot regarding all LabVIEW questions if it were possible to upload the LabVIEW vi's.