Mode 40 which is Speed Accel Mixed does not seem to work

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
dclendenin

Mode 40 which is Speed Accel Mixed does not seem to work

Post by dclendenin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:25 pm

It appears that using the Arduino library does not work in at least the mode 40 Speed Accel M1M2, but when using the _2 version which is slightly different in construction, i.e. you have to put in two accelerations versus one. For example the original mode 40 was roboclaw.SpeedAccelM1M2(address,ACCEL, MOTORSPEED, MOTORSPEED); and what works is roboclaw.SpeedAccelM1M2_2(address, ACCEL, MOTORSPEED, ACCEL, MOTORSPEED);
As I was looking at the cpp code to see what might be the matter I found the two different constructs and also noted that the apparent address in the cpp duplicated some numbers of other instructions to the Roboclaw boards. The board I am using is the Roboclaw 2x5A.
What caused this was I tried the example code with changing from a single motor roboclaw.SpeedAccelM1(address,ACCEL, MOTORSPEED); to the roboclaw.SpeedAccelM1M2(address,ACCEL, MOTORSPEED, MOTORSPEED); and found it did not work.

Basicmicro Support

Re: Mode 40 which is Speed Accel Mixed does not seem to work

Post by Basicmicro Support » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:00 am

I think I found the problem. It appears the bug will affect commands 40 and 46(dual motor commands that use a single accel argument). We are working on a minor update which adds support for our 2x7A motor controller. I should have this fixed in that release. Until then you should use either the commands with 2 accel arguments or use the individual speedaccel commands.