[Solved] Issue with update v4.1.15 not taking.

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
GeeklyGrey
[Solved] Issue with update v4.1.15 not taking.

Post by GeeklyGrey »

I attempted to update RoboClaw with latest change from my laptop, it appears to do that ok but IONmotion will not then connect to RoboClaw. It tells me that I need to update the firmware.
I click on the firmware update button again and the led's roll ok for a few seconds and then stop. I attempt to connect and the notice tells me to update the firmware on RoboClaw.
I have done this three times now.
I also attempted to restart RoboClaw with the mode button pressed to initiate the bootloader. The textbox showed RC15A32KULDR (COM5) as it should. The leds were rolling as they should. I click on the update and start counting. The green bars reach across the screen about 3 times and the process stopped after two seconds and RoboClaw reverted to stat1 led only.
I attempt to connect and I get a message "Firmware version is out of date. Please update firmware."

On transferring RoboClaw to my PC it still runs ok and the current version of firmware is still on v4.1.14. I see from your update list that it should now be on v4.1.15 so it appears that this update is failing somehow.
Last edited by GeeklyGrey on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basicmicro Support
Re: Issue with update v4.1.15 not taking.

Post by Basicmicro Support »

I'll add some diagnostics to the firmware update window so we can see why its giving you that message.
Basicmicro Support
Re: Issue with update v4.1.15 not taking.

It appears I fat fingered the firmware number for your model(not sure how since I did a find replace for all the firmware numbers but...). I've fixed that and changed the firmware update window error message so it displays the firmware version it found so this will be easier to diagnose in the future.
GeeklyGrey
[Solved] Re: Issue with update v4.1.15 not taking.

Post by GeeklyGrey »

Thank you - that version updated well.

The 'on release' tick box is nice now.
Not sure what 'Sync motors' does but only one motor operates at one time!
Did you do some work on graph scaling?
Seems more appropriate sizing somehow.
Thanks
Basicmicro Support
Re: [Solved] Issue with update v4.1.15 not taking.

Yes, I made some minor changes to the chart scaling for the Velocity/Setpoint displays.

Sync Motors should disable one slider(motor 2s slider) and use the Mixed commands(eg the dual motor commands) for PWM,Speed or Position depending which window you are in. That way both individual and dual commands could be tested in IonMotion.