Fan connector - roboclaw 2x15 v5e

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
stuccintraffic
Fan connector - roboclaw 2x15 v5e

Post by stuccintraffic »

Hey Folks,

I'm having little trouble here..

I have in my possession two 2x15A roboclaws w/ silk displaying "V5E". The latest datasheet I've been able to find from basicmicro is v2.2 dated 2016. On this datasheet (in words), pictures from this datasheet, and a picture from pololu points us towards the 2 pin fan connector being of the Hirose DF13 variety. In reality, this is not correct for V5E which leads me to believe all of this published information is pretty much deprecated following roboclaw V5D.

I am now wondering which connector family I need to buy to support anything >=V5E.

Anyone have any info here? It would be very much appreciated if you did.
Thanks for the time.
-daniel
Basicmicro Support
Re: Fan connector - roboclaw 2x15 v5e

Post by Basicmicro Support »

You are mostly correct. Some of the units V5D and V5E have different connectors on them(white vs brown color). The brown color connectors are Hirose(https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=h2191-nd). The white connectors are Amphenol IIRC, 10114829-11102LF-ND.

Please email sales@basicmicro.com to confirm this. The manual will be updated to indicate it could be either connector(depending on the color). We use both so if one is out of stock for a long time we have an alternative.
stuccintraffic

Post by stuccintraffic »

Awesome!

I haven't ordered any yet, but from drawings and some quick caliper measurements, the Amphenol Minitek 1.25 does look like it will do the trick.

The good news is I will now have both families in stock.

Thanks a ton for this info.
-daniel
Basicmicro Support

No problem and sorry for the trouble.
Basicmicro Support

You can also get the Amphenol and HiRose connectors at Digikey.com or Mouser.com

We are working on getting a production lot of the fans in stock. They dont come with connectors so we are having them assembled custom but its taken longer than expected.