unable to install ion motion software

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
Basicmicro Support
Re: unable to install ion motion software

Post by Basicmicro Support »

You can get the PowerPack 10.0 from this link. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=145727

Install it and then install IonMotion and you should no longer get that error.

The next install shouldnt have this problem. I found there was still a single regerence to the VBPowerPack in the publishing script and have now removed it.
skcolb

Post by skcolb »

Just tried to install the software on a different machine and noticed that it still has this requirement, FYI.
Basicmicro Support

Thanks for letting me know. We removed the refrences to the PowerPack but there is apparently still somethign in the installer that wants it. It difficult to debug because we dont have any old systems to test it on(all new OSs already have the PowerPack) so we had assumed just removing the references in the installer fixed it. Apparently we were wrong. I'll to some more digging to see if I can find the cause.
skcolb

Post by skcolb »

Sorry to be annoying, but just installed the Ion Motion software on a new computer and noticed that it still has this requirement.
Basicmicro Support

Did you install IonMotion or IonMotionQA? IonMotion hasnt been changed yet since the last time you installed it. IonMotionQA though has had all the references we could find removed. If you havent installed that one please do(its available in the General Discussion announcements). It will become the new IonMotion release soon.