Post by r0x15 »

GOOD MORNING
ABOUT SUBJECT
I HAVE UPDATE TODAY NEW FIRMWARE ON SOLO A 30
NOW NO WRITE SETTING
ANY INFO ???
TANKYOU :o
Basicmicro Support
Re: Roboclaw solo A30 No Write Setting!!

Post by Basicmicro Support »

I assume you mean Solo 30A. Please be more descriptive on your problem. The Write Settings option is in the Device menu. Or are you trying to write settings from a packet serial command? Is something not being written or is nothing being written?
r0x15

Post by r0x15 »

i now retry and explane to you
tnx
Basicmicro Support

Yes. Please do this:

1. Power Solo
2. Connect USB cable from Solo to PC.
3. Open Basicmicro Motion Studio

Does Solo appear in Device list?

4. If it does, click Connect to Device.
5. Open General Settings. Make changes you want
6. Click Device menu and click Write Settings
7. Disconnect from Solo. Power down Solo. Power Solo on. Reconnect in Motion Studio.
8. Confirm changes you made are still set.

If any thing is not set as you had it in step 6 please let me know exactly what was not set.
PaulM

Post by PaulM »

I think I may be experiencing a similar problem. I have settings stored in CFG files for both 2x30A and Solo 30A Roboclaws, both seem to have writing issues.

I power the Roboclaw (firmware 4.1.29) from a bench power supply and connect it to my PC via a USB cable. I connect the Roboclaw in BasicMicro Motion Studio (version 1.0.0.61). It displays its old settings (for example, my M1 Max Current is 60A).

Now I go to the File menu and select Load Settings, pointing it towards the relevant CFG from a prior Roboclaw. All the settings in Motion Studio now appear to match those in my CFG file (it shows my M1 Max Current is 20A); great!

Going to Device->Write Settings I would expect the Roboclaw to transfer all these settings out of RAM and into its NVRAM. However, when I click Write Settings, give it a minute (no write confirmation appears), then power-cycle my Roboclaw, it appears to have reverted to the old settings (with M1 Max Current 60A etc) again.
Basicmicro Support

Make sure you have the latest Motion Studio installer. Current firmware is 4.1.29

First test: After you click Write Settings(there is no confirmation because it takes milliseconds for the write to complete), click Read Settings. Are the old default settings being reloaded or did the new settings remain?

Second test: Manually set all the settings instead of loading from a config file. Confirm the settings are correct, then click Device/Write Settings. Then Read Settings.

Third Test: Repeat above two tests but instead of Read Settings after Write Settings, Disconnect, power cycle the board and Reconnect.

Please post the results here.

Note: I just connected a Solo30, Set the max current limits to 20amps for each channel, set the Max and min Main Battery limits to 15/10 respectively and cliced Write Settings. I then disconnected, powered off/on the Solo30 and reconnected. All settings I changed show up.

This indicates its not a general problem with the model, but something specific with your unit(s). Please run the above two tests and report back. Thanks.
PaulM

Post by PaulM »

Basicmicro Support wrote:First test: After you click Write Settings(there is no confirmation because it takes milliseconds for the write to complete), click Read Settings. Are the old default settings being reloaded or did the new settings remain?
After a Write Settings, then Read Settings, the old default settings are being reloaded.

Basicmicro Support wrote: Second test: Manually set all the settings instead of loading from a config file. Confirm the settings are correct, then click Device/Write Settings. Then Read Settings.
Manually entering the settings works! After entering manually, clicking Write Settings, then Read Settings, my newly entered settings do remain.
Basicmicro Support wrote: Third Test: Repeat above two tests but instead of Read Settings after Write Settings, Disconnect, power cycle the board and Reconnect.
Load Settings, Write Settings, Disconnect then power cycle = settings do not persist, old/default settings remain.
Entering new settings manually, Write Settings, Disconnect then power cycle = new settings do persist!

So it seems that just loading new cfg file and clicking Write Settings does nothing; but if I manually alter the settings very slightly they will write to NVRAM properly. It's as if the Motion Studio UI doesn't see that settings have changed, so doesn't do the Write.
Basicmicro Support

Thank you. That was my suspiscion. I will make surew that gets checked and fixed asap.