Problems after recent updates

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
mlperry55@gmail.com
Problems after recent updates

Post by mlperry55@gmail.com »

Things were working for me too. Removed STUDIO. Downloaded and re-installed current version. Install failed, with "Contact Vendor" error. Tried to include the "Details" from the error msg here, to no avail. Would be happy to help with the install troubleshooting if I can. I have a Win10 up to date system. Regards, Marcus
Basicmicro Support
Re: Problems after recent updates

Post by Basicmicro Support »

That sounds like a network connection problem. Probably just a hickup.

1. Make sure Motion Studio is completely uninstalled.
2. Go to our website and re-download the Motion Studio installer.
3. Run the setup again.

Let me know the results.
mlperry55@gmail.com

Thanks for your prompt reply. Nothing obviously wrong with my network connection. It works fine for other things I've been using it for. Not sure what you mean by "make sure studio is completely removed'? I used Win10 REMOVE PROGRAMS to remove it, and it removed the program successfully. Do I need to dig around in file explorer and remove anything? I did as you suggested and got the same results: "Cannot start the application. Contact the application vendor for assistance." I can't seem to find a way to get the "DETAILS" from that failure window to you. It's quite a bit of text, and has useful error info in it for someone. Again, this all started with your recent update. Everything was working fine before that.
Thanks again, Marcus
Basicmicro Support

As long as you used the normal windows uninstall you are fine.

Note the installer also tries to access some Microsoft files. If you have a locked down network(corporation for example) you may need your admin to install the software.

I just re-downloaded and installed the software just to confirm it is working. It does force you to install the Microsoft VC 2013 re-distributable which is the Microsoft files I mentioned above.

Are you using a Win10 Arm based system by any chance? Our software is currently only compatible with x86(32bit and 64bit) systems.
mlperry55@gmail.com

Thanks as always for your prompt response ! And thanks for your efforts.

Checked the things you mentioned:
I have x64 Win10 running on Intel i3-2130 CPU
uSoft VC 2013 (and newer versions) of redistributables running

This time I removed Motion Studio, used Chrome (have been using EDGE/IE11 )to download Motion Studio, unzipped it w/7zip, and ran setup.exe as admin.

Things seem to be working OK. Will advise if something changes.

Regards, Marcus
Basicmicro Support

Thanks for the update. Not sure why Edge would interfere but I will keep it in mind for future cases as a potential issue.