Red LED blinks 6X?

Questions about using encoders with the Roboclaw product line
rantangan
Red LED blinks 6X?

Post by rantangan »

Nowhere in the manual or this forum I can find explanation for Red LED blinking 6X. The manual stops at 5X. I'm running Roboclaw 2x15A with 4.1.34 firmware

I got to this point while trying to do manual position tuning (of course after a failed attempt of Auto tuning). Encoder and motor direction seem to be in sync when testing in PWM mode. In Positon mode, moving the slider up/down with P=5 or P=2000 (I and D were 0), I immediately get SE1, PE1 flags and the 6X blinking. When a Stop All button is clicked, the motor will move at maximum speed. I'm not sure if it's trying to reach a certain position since my robot hits the hard limit and stall.

Thank you in advance for any help.

R.
Basicmicro Support
Re: Red LED blinks 6X?

Post by Basicmicro Support »

These were added recently. 6 blinks is speed error limit reached. This means you must have set the speed error limit. You may not have meant For the vast majority of people this should be left at 0, deactivated.

There is also a 7 blink code for position error limit that goes along with the position error limit setting. In most cases this should be 0 as well.