Is thee a way to do a buffered velocity/speed command?

Questions about using encoders with the Roboclaw product line
ronstory
Is thee a way to do a buffered velocity/speed command?

Post by ronstory »

hi--

I'm attempting to use a RC 2x7a to control the position of a telescope. What I'm trying to do is a position move on both motors and I don't really care with motor finishes first. One of the axis need begin a velocity move at a low speed for the telescope to track the object in the sky.

I can use cmd 122 - Buffered Drive M1 with Speed and Position to start the move and what would be perfect was to add another buffered command to start the velocity command. I have it working by reading the command buffer and once it returns 0x80. I know I can read the buffer with a cmd 35, but that requires constant polling, not very efficient.

So is there any sequence of commands that allow a move to a position and then keep a constant speed afterwards? I was trying to see if there was a way to have the decel stop above zero, which would allow it exit the position with a speed, but no luck.

Thanks,
Ron
Thanks,
Ron 2x7A
ronstory
Re: Is thee a way to do a buffered velocity/speed command?

Post by ronstory »

OK, figured out a workaround. I just need to add a second buffered speed position move with the desired velocity and set the position *way* out there, so it's effectively never completes. Then I can change to non-buffered speed command in a leisurely fashion. Or perhaps, not at all. :shock:
Thanks,
Ron 2x7A