Backward / Reverse with SpeedAccelDistanceM1 Function?

Questions about using encoders with the Roboclaw product line
nickosinski
Re: Backward / Reverse with SpeedAccelDistanceM1 Function?

Post by nickosinski »

I appreciate the reply, but I'm really very disappointed to hear that there's no solution for me to get the SpeedAccelDistanceM1 function to work without having to send the controllers back and wait.

I'd like to believe that it's simply a matter of syntax or something, not firmware.

If that's the only solution, then what are my options as I would like to keep working on my project and not have to wait for it to arrive there and for the controllers to be returned to me. Can I purchase new controllers and send back the old ones for credit or something... so that I'm not without controllers?

Thanks again,

Nick.
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Im sorry you have to send the board in to be updated but at the time that board was built we did not have an infield upgrade option and it is so old that I dont know why it is not working with the old arduino library.

If the boards are the old design without the USB connector(Which I assume they are since you cant update them by USB), then either you can send them back and we will update the firmware and send them back to you or you can pay to have them exchanged for the current shipping design, which is approx $27+shipping. In the event you want to exchaneg them we will need the old board(s) back but we can cross ship them.
nickosinski

Post by nickosinski »

After a lot of troubleshooting, I discovered that it was an error in my own code - not the boards!

I can finally set and read the PID values, so thank you for bearing with me and trying to be of help... I should have known that it was my own fault! :)

Thank you again!

Nick.
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

No problem. If you get a chance to send the board in to be updated in the future please do so. There is no warranty limit on that service.