Auto Tune runs to infinity

Questions about using encoders with the Roboclaw product line
GioCa
Auto Tune runs to infinity

Post by GioCa »

Hi guys i have some problems with the roboclaw 2x7a.
i connected everything and the PWM control works... also i get econder Data (Velocity and the Encoder variable is increasing..
My Problem is that if i click on auto tune in the velocity settings section in the ION Motion Software the Motor first drives forward then backwards and then to infinity in one direction ...
Also i tried to use the python skripts... The Pwm Python skript is working also the speed Skript but the motor doesn't drive :

This is what i get ;

Encoder 1: 0 80 Encoder 2: 0 80 Speed!:0 Speed2: 0

Hope that sb has an idea :/
Basicmicro Support
Re: Auto Tune runs to infinity

Post by Basicmicro Support »

The current autotuner is pretty basic. It is not intelligent enough to know if the encoders are reversed relative to the motors. The enocders should be wires so the count increases when the motors are moving forward. Forward is determined by moving the PWM Settings slider UP fot the particular motor. If the encoder count does not increase when moving forward the autotuner will fail(possibly running the motor indefinitetly).
GioCa

Post by GioCa »

Hi Thank you really much for your answer...
i tested it and the M1 Encoder Variable is increasing when i slide the pwm Slider Up also the Velocity is positive ...
then again i runed the auto tune ...but still the software crash and the motor runs to infinity

:/ any idea ?
GioCa

Post by GioCa »

or the software doesn't crash ... but there are no Encoder variable increasing ... and also the speed is 0 ... but i am able to click things ... but nothing happens... also stop all doesn't works ... but in device status ... everything is green ...

Also 2 LED's are shining (green)

: At the beginning the motor change 4 times his direction and runs now for maybe over 5 minutes in a very low velocity :/
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Another possible cause of the problem is motor noise glitching the USB connection to the PC. You should use a USB cable with a ferrite choke on it(looks like a barrel near the end that connects to the Roboclaw).

You may have to manually tune the motor. If you need help with it please call in for support. We will be closed Monday but will be back open on Tuesday.