micro switch

Questions about using encoders with the Roboclaw product line
apollo63740
micro switch

Post by apollo63740 »

I purchased a roboclaw 2x30a in order to replace two other motor controllers I was using. The setup uses a micro switch in order to reverse the direction of one of the motors. When the switch was in the NC position, it goes one direction. When it is the NO position, it goes the other. I'm not concerned with which one goes which way or which way it starts at power up. I just need an analog pot to control the speed (which I have figured out except for not needing the reverse), and it to continue to move and reverse direction according to the micro switch.

Is this currently capable of doing this? I have read other posts that come close but I don't think they are what I am needing since one switch would always be engaged and could be either switch. Any help would be appreciated.

The second motor is not an issue and just runs when it is told and stops when it is told.

Jeff B.
Basicmicro Support
Re: micro switch

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Currently we do not have an option to reverse motor direction from a signal pin.

However if you email support@ionmc.com we may be able to add that functionality. Note this is not a garauntee we will add it or quickly. Unfortunately we are really busy right now so squeezing time out of the schedule for something like this is pretty hard.
apollo63740
Re: micro switch

Post by apollo63740 »

Thanks for the response. I will send an email. In the meantime I can still accomplish it thru a relay after the roboclaw to accomplish what I need until this function would be able to be added.