Analogue input position control

Questions about using encoders with the Roboclaw product line
BrassEm
Analogue input position control

Post by BrassEm »

G'day,

I have a Roboclaw2x15A adjusted and working well for position control using absolute analogue feedback with a pot and BasicMicro Motion Studio. I was hoping to use an analogue input (0 to 2VDC) command for absolute position control akin to the motor control slider in Motion Studio but I cannot find anything. The analogue input command on S1 controls velocity in analogue mode. Can I use a 2VDC analogue absolute position input command? Or does the Roboclaw only accept velocity commands?

Thanks,
Basicmicro Support
Re: Analogue input position control

Post by Basicmicro Support »

If you have tuned the Position PID settings(even if you are also using cascaded Velocity PID settings) AND you have set the Enable Encoders in RC/Analog mode check box in General Settings, then Analog inputs should control the POSITION of the motor. The range will be mapped to the Min and Max Position settings.
BrassEm
Re: Analogue input position control

Post by BrassEm »

I have just applied the new firmware, set the control mode to analogue and ensured that the Enable Encoders in RC/Analog mode check box is checked, and the RoboClaw Servo is now following analogue position commands as I needed. Many thanks for the very prompt response!