See the RoboClaw 2X30A wired up to Arduino UNO and 2 Motors

Post your own projects using Roboclaw motor controllers
marcuso
See the RoboClaw 2X30A wired up to Arduino UNO and 2 Motors

Post by marcuso »

Hi,

So I have a web site that shows the project I'm working on. Basically a robot called the Agent 390. It has 2 X 12 volt (max 20A) motors, these are connected to the RoboClaw 2X30A, and this is all controlled via an Arduiono UNO. Next is to drive the Arduino board with a Raspberry Pi 3 using C++, it will use some Artificially Intelligent (adaptive) object avoidance, and navigation system algorithms to move around my house. See it all here :

Entry on Motor shields and the RoboClaw
http://www.roboticsfordreamers.com/#!us ... elds/omamr

Blog Entry on connecting it up to the robot
http://www.roboticsfordreamers.com/#!Da ... 67914fa778

Thanks.

Marcus
Kevin1
Re: See the RoboClaw 2X30A wired up to Arduino UNO and 2 Motors

Post by Kevin1 »

Marcus. Are you located in the USA? Would you be interested in doing some work for hire using a roboclaw? Contact me at kevin@performancetrends.com if you are interested.
nickosinski

Post by nickosinski »

Hi Marcus,

Great project! I'm actually in the midst of my own robot build using the RoboClaws and Arduino boards. I haven't explored RPi yet, but I probably will down the road. For now I'm focusing my attention on integrating an Android tablet as the "brain" of the robot that connects to the MEGA ADK board.

What motivated you to go with RPi for your robot? Any updates on yours since your post here?

I'll be posting my own project here soon, but you can check out the progress on YouTube or on ROVer's site... links in my signature.

Cheers,

Nick.
jcicolani

Post by jcicolani »

I love the USB interface with the Roboclaw and have used it for a couple of projects with the RasPi.