MILO my second robot build

Post your own projects using Roboclaw motor controllers
Rebel_Ace
MILO my second robot build

Post by Rebel_Ace »

MILO is my large, tracked humanoid torso robot, built for educational and experimental purposes.

MILO stands about 5 and a half feet tall, and weighs over 300 pounds. He has 15 motors to control Drive Tracks, Torso swivel, Head Pan and Tilt, as well as shoulder spin and lift, elbow lift, wrist rotation and gripper open/close for left and right arms.

All motor control is done exclusively with RoboClaw motor controllers. I am VERY pleased with them.

Currently, as this is a work in progress, there are currently 4 RoboClaw controllers installed, and as time and money permit, I will purchase and integrate the remaining 4 that are needed for the rest of the articulation.

Here is the RoboClaw 60 amp unit installed for the Tractor Drive Motors:

Here is the RobotClaw 30 amp unit that controls the transmission for the shoulder swivel:

I'm afraid I don't have a very good shot of the very jam packed shoulder, showing the 30 and 15 amp RobotClaws controlling the Head and Left and Right Shoulder Arm Rotation. Here is a shot of the left side of the shoulder interior, showing the 15 amp RoboClaw, and you can see the mounting screws for two future RoboClaws.

I am using these relatively inexpensive Rotary Encoders for motor feedback, and they work great with the RoboClaw controllers. I got them for about 12 bucks each from Amazon.

I would like to let everyone at ION know just how pleased I have been with the RoboClaw controllers, and especially the after the sale service and support. Outstanding. I will be ordering more RoboClaws soon, I just want to finish the mechanical installation of the remaining Rotary encoders for the shoulder lift, elbow lift and wrist rotation.

Additional information regarding this RoboClaw project can be found here:

http://letsmakerobots.com/node/49322