Printed Manual

General discussion of the MCP motion controller product line
JorgeP
Printed Manual

Post by JorgeP »

Hi, Just posting because I ordered, and received, a printed manual for the MCP series from Office Depot's printing services. I ordered a basic spiral bound black and white copy for $24.00USD but they made a mistake and gave me a color copy, valued at about $65.00. I am quite impressed with how it came out and even at the $65.00 price for a single copy, it is well worth the money!

I know there will be an update to this manual at some point in time so I will need to order another one at that time.

The cover page should have a blank page after it so it can be printed better on the thicker cover pages available.

I would like to see a version of the manual that is designed for a 3 ring binder, that way the entire manual does not need to be re-printed, just the pages that have been updated. Maybe each chapter set to start on a right hand page in case an entire chapter is updated it can be replaced/reprinted without affecting any other chapter.

Overall, this looks great in spiral bound color! Now I can pen in changes and notes!
Jorge
Basicmicro Support
Re: Printed Manual

Post by Basicmicro Support »

At one point our manual was setup for printing. Along the way we stopped offering printed copies so since them some formating has been lost. I will pass your suggestions on to the documents people though.