Bridged Mode Information Inconsistency

General discussion of the MCP motion controller product line
rythax
Bridged Mode Information Inconsistency

Post by rythax »

Hello again!

Noticed earlier today whilst trying to set up my MCP266 to run in bridged mode that the datasheet specifies, via a diagram, that the motor should be connected so that M1A and M1B are joined on one side and M2A and M2B are joined on the other side. The text indicates this and the diagram shows the layout too so there's no mistaking it.

However, when enabling bridged mode via Motion Studio, a pop-up appeared and told me to ensure that the motor was connected differently, also with a diagram showing different wiring. Again, I'm writing this after the fact and don't have a screenshot of the window but I seem to recall that it said to connect M1A to M2B and M2A to M1B.

If this doesn't appear to match what you see on your side I'll try to get an image of it next week.
Basicmicro Support
Re: Bridged Mode Information Inconsistency

Post by Basicmicro Support »

The bridge mode wiring is now shown when you enable dit using Motion studio. Motion Studios wiring diagram is the correct one to use(eg its the one tied to the specific firmware being used).

Always use the Motion Studio wiring diagram when setting up Bridged mode.

We are in the process of removing the bridged mode wiring diagrams from the datasheets entirely.