Ardupilot Auto mode does not work on Rover 4.0, works on Rover 3.5.2

General discussion of the MCP motion controller product line
Lumono
Ardupilot Auto mode does not work on Rover 4.0, works on Rover 3.5.2

Post by Lumono »

I have a vehicle using RoboClaw 2x15A by Ardupilot Rover 4.0.0
when switch to auto mode, the rover can turn the direction correctly, but it does not forward to the WP, stop there. when I changed it back to Rover 3.5.2, it works as well. weird.
The RoboClaw was updated to latest version.
Why it does not support Ardupilot Rover 4.0.0.
Basicmicro Support
Re: Ardupilot Auto mode does not work on Rover 4.0, works on Rover 3.5.2

Post by Basicmicro Support »

You need to ask this question in the ArduPilot forums. We have no control over what they may have changed in their new release. If, without changing any settings the older Rover software works its pretty obvious the problem is something they changed since then.
Lumono

Post by Lumono »

I have another RoboClaw driver 2x30A, it works for Ardupilot Rover ver.4.0.0
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

1. I recommend you give me all the details so I can help you. Telling me you had a second unit that was working as you expected would have been useful information and would have saved you a day waiting for me to reply to you. Anything else you can think of that may be pertinent?

2. Use motion studio to get the settings from the working Roboclaw. Load those settings in the Robocalw that isn't working as you expect. One possibility cause of your symptom is if one unit has MCU mode option set and the other doesnt. When using an Ardupilot(Im assuming the Ardupilot is using RC pulses to control the Roboclaw), you want MCU mode enabled so Roboclaw doesnt auto calibrate.

I assume you have updated the firmware on BOTH Roboclaws?