Autotune position problem

Using encoders with the MCP product line
Nolberto23
Autotune position problem

Post by Nolberto23 »

Good day, I am contacting you to support some issues with two roboclaws version 2x30 A.
V5.

I am trying to autotune the position with a motor that has a qpps of 300 max. Particularly in this motor I have problems with the autotune position.

The velocity autotune works well but the main problem is when I try to autotune the position. The program on basic micro studio motion freezes and I have to force the exit and I need to open the software again.

In addition the motor stays oscillating and it never finds the parameters of position. The encoder works fine on the pwm section in the positive and negative direction.

I am using 24 v of main source and logic battery the same with the bridged inside on the LB-MB.

I tried with an external logic battery of 12 v but the problem remains.

I used another small motor and this autotuned successfully on the velocity and position sections.

I do not know if the problem consist on hardware of my encoder or the qpps is so small.

Greetings and I hope for the support, thanks.
Basicmicro Support
Re: Autotune position problem

Post by Basicmicro Support »

The autotuner will fail with some setups. Very low resolution encoders are one case. In those cases you will have to manually tune the settings. If you have trouble with that please call or contact support directly.