How long to Warranty repairs take?

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
ChrisA
How long to Warranty repairs take?

Post by ChrisA »

Tracking shows that the package containing my defective Roboclaw controller was delivered to the factory on May16. It has been 10 days. I would expect to have gotten some kind of response.

Actually I am close enough that 1st class mail goes overnight so it could have been turned around already
Basicmicro Support
Re: How long to Warranty repairs take?

Post by Basicmicro Support »

It may have been delivered to the company mailbox on the 16th, however support did not receive it until last week(the day after you emailed abotu it in fact). It sometimes takes several days for shipments to get from the main office to support. If you supply a tracking number when the shipment is sent we(support) can get it here in 24 hours but if not it may sit until the next Monday when they bring the RMAs from the main office to us.

In some cases we can process an RMA in a couple days(I've had a couple we did in a single day turn around on request). In other cases it may take 2 weeks. Depends on the amount of other work currently on the schedule. If you have a particularly short period you need the RMA back in it is best to give us the tracking number AND contact us the day it is delivered.

The board was repaired last week but didnt make our USPS droppoff time on friday. It will be dropped off at the post office today.

Motor channel one was burned(you could see the burn marks on the pcb and heatsink. Static electricity may have damaged one mosfet during handling and then when you tried running the channel it caused the paired mosfet in the bridge to fail(eg short). All 4 mosfets on that bridge were replaced just in case and the board is now working as expected. The damage would have happened sometime after we did final test(which runs the channels and would have caught a short) and when you tried running the channel yourself but there isnt anyway to tell when exactly.