r0x15
HELP Roboclaw solo A30

Post by r0x15 »

566/5000
Good evening
I bought a Roboclaw SOLO A30:
having a datasheet and a guide book
(but the generic guide book for roboclaws); :o

I have to connect a motor with encoder and control the start end stop of the motor with an input from 5v to 12v
question 1) some examples of wiring diagram would not be possible to put on the guide !?
question 2) if I use ionstudio the values remain then in the memory of the roboclaw? (when I remove the pc and remove current to roboclaw?) Or I have to connect with arduino and then how is the procedure? !! for my project
Thank you
Basicmicro Support
Re: HELP Roboclaw solo A30

Post by Basicmicro Support »

1. Please download the datasheet for the Solo30. Look at page 9 for the diagram.

2. After you have tuned the settings go to the Device menu and click "Write Settings". This will save the settings in non-volatile memory on the Roboclaw.
r0x15

Post by r0x15 »

Tankyou
Any help (scheamatic) for start end stop of the motor with an input from 5v to 12v

tnx1000
Basicmicro Support

You will need to level shift the input signals down to the analog input range of the Roboclaw(0 to 2v). Also it is unclear if you just want to turn a motor on and off or f you want to control the speed of the motor. Please describe what you are trying to do(your application) in more detail.
r0x15

Post by r0x15 »

Thanks for your answer;
my circuit should work like this:
when I get the 12v on a load (litle motor) I have to take an optocoupler signal of 5 volts, which in turn will have to start and then stop (S3?) to Roboclaw that drives me a motor brusles (with encoder) that I will check both speed and steps
Thank you

When 12V is present, the opto-transistor drives the input low (0V), otherwise its pulled high (5V).

last night for the first time I turned on the engine (I only connected the battery and the engine) but I could not make the engine move: I set analogue mode, maybe you need a button? can not you move through the motion study
Attachments
OPTO.JPG
OPTO.JPG (18.34 KiB) Viewed 6949 times
Basicmicro Support

Please correct this sentence. "that drives me a motor brusles". What is :"brusles"? If that is supposed to be brushless then you cant use our controllers. They are for brushed motors only.

You can test if the controller is wired correctly using Motion Studio(set mode to Packet serial and use the sliders in PWM settings). If the motor works in there you are ok.

In Analog mode, the default setting will set the stopped position to whatever the input voltage is on power up. So if you power up the Roboclaw with your input at 0v that will be the stopped state. Then if you switch the signal to 5v, the motor should change to full speed forward(anything above 2v would set the speed to full speed forward).

Note that if you Power on the Roboclaw with the input signal at 5v that would be set as the stopped state and iof you then switched the signal to 0v the motor would go into full speed REVERSE.

Alternatively, you can disable autocalibration and 1v would be stopped, 2v would be full speed forward and 0v would be full speed reverse. You would need to setup a circuit that would provide the correct voltages in that case. I would suggest something with trim pots as well so you could fine tune the values.

But first you need to confirm you are NOT using a brushless motor.
r0x15

Post by r0x15 »

Thank you for you answer
Yes i use brushed motorI do not want to use potentiometers but digital and encoder and use start and stop standby.
I need use encoder and start and stop. Give me info or schematic example and correct setting!
Tnx 1000
Basicmicro Support

Here is how you can do what you want.

Using Motion Studio(assuming you are starting from default settings):
1. Set the board into analog mode.
2. Check the MCU check box under RC/Analog settings.
3. Wire a potentiometer to the S1 pin so you can adjust the input voltage from 0v to 2v. This will be used to adjust the speed of the motor when it is on.
4. Wire your digital signal to the S3 pin.
5. Set the S3 pin mode to E-Stop(non-latching).
6. Save the settings by clicking "Write Settings" in the Device menu.

Now the motor will run when the S3 signal is high(logical 1) and stop when it is low(logical 0). The potentiometer is used to set the speed and direction it will run at when the motor is running.
r0x15

Post by r0x15 »

thanks for your reply
but in addition to the start and stop S3
also encoder and pwm and check the position, as I do
Basicmicro Support

Sorry, I dont see any way to use position control mode with an on/off signal. How excatly do you think you could do that with just a logical 0/1 signal?