issue w basic micro motion

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
Madmatt
issue w basic micro motion

Post by Madmatt »

Do some1 had any issue installing that software? On my pc (win10) it doesn t install.
unhatorized editor...and doesn t install..i Tried disabling EVERYTHING(firewalls,windows securities etc) and running the installer as ADMIN...nothing.
Basicmicro Support
Re: issue w basic micro motion

Post by Basicmicro Support »

We have had no reprots of problems installing Motion Studio on Win10(we have it installed on several Win10 machines). Please take a screen shot of the error you are getting and email it to support@basicmicro.com.

Note that locked down networks may prevent the installer from downloading the main install files which will cause and install failure.
Madmatt
Re: issue w basic micro motion

Post by Madmatt »

Dunno what happened tbh, seems some .net security options that i couldn t rlly find.
anyway I solved copying the files from another computer.

here is the reply from the support wich helped me:
To find where the files were installed on the other computer you need to run Motion Studio. Open task manager(right click taskbar and click Task Manager). Then Find Basicmicro Motion Studio in the Apps list. Right click it and click "Open File Location". This will open the folder with everything you need to copy in it. Copy everything in that window to the computer you are having problems with.

Note this requires .Net 4.0 and the Visual Studio runtimes. If something is wrong with either of those it will still not work, but it would indicate where the problem is atleast.