ReadError() function error - new firmware version (v4.1.29)

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
lsi
ReadError() function error - new firmware version (v4.1.29)

Post by lsi »

Hello,
I'm using the RoboClaw library for Arduino to communicate (UART) with a Teensy 3.6. Everything always worked fine until last controller firmware update.
With the 4.1.29 firmware version, the communication between my Teensy and the Roboclaw controller crashes sometimes.
I have found out that the ReadError() method in the Arduino library was systematically returning false. It seems that more bytes than expected are received on the serial Rx.
Moreover, my communication link between the Teensy and the controller just die after one sending of the ReadError() request.

Can anyone help ? :)

P.S (I am using the RoboClaw 2x30A controller)
Basicmicro Support
Re: ReadError() function error - new firmware version (v4.1.29)

Post by Basicmicro Support »

The updated ReadStatus/ReadError command is documented here(http://forums.basicmicro.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=806) temporarily. We are working on an update to the User Manual.

I am updating the roboclaw library download to fix that command. It should be ready later today.
lsi

Post by lsi »

Thank you for your reactivity !
lsi

Post by lsi »

And one more question : was the ReadStatus/ReadError modification made with the v4.1.29 firmware version or on a previous release ?
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

ReadStatus/ReadError was update in 4.1.29. We ran out of room for new warning/error flags with the addition of the speed and position error limits capabilities so we changed the return value from a 16bit value to a 32bit value.