STOP all by sotware

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
fausto.tromba
STOP all by sotware

Post by fausto.tromba »

Is it possible to configure an external button that stops the operations like STOP ALL in the tool software?
Basicmicro Support
Re: STOP all by sotware

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Yes, that would be the E-Stop input. Note that when using Latching E-Stop you have to power cycle the board to clear it. For this use you should not use the latching option.
fausto.tromba

Post by fausto.tromba »

Sorry but I don't get how to configure it.
I have selected "Hardware" in "E-Stop Reset Method".
In the mode of a Digital input I can select only "Analog" or "Pulse". Where should I select "Latching"?
Basicmicro Support

Ah, you appear to be using a MCP. On MCP you need to setup the input pin(Analog or Digital mode depending on the specific pin capabilities). Then you need to set the Min or Max Action. The action options can be set to stop both motor. The min and max range settings need to be set high(for min) and lower(for max range) than the inputs actual low and high value. That way the min and/or max action will trigger when you set/clear the input.
didmou

Post by didmou »

Hello,

I'm new and I need some help.
In serial mode, what the command or suit of commands I must send for obtain the same result as STOP ALL on the basicmicromotiontudio...

I use this command : SpeedAccelDistanceM1M2 and I would like STOP ALL the motors. (I use an arduino)
I'm 100% software.
Thanks for the answer
Basicmicro Support

The Stop All button in Motion studio uses the M1M2Duty command and sets the duty of each motor to 0.
didmou

Post by didmou »

Basicmicro Support wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:30 am The Stop All button in Motion studio uses the M1M2Duty command and sets the duty of each motor to 0.
Perfect !
Thank you very much !