IioMotion QA 1.7.0.18 UI Bug

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
StaticVOiDance
IioMotion QA 1.7.0.18 UI Bug

Post by StaticVOiDance »

I tried to use the QA version and found that none of the motor controls are ever rendered. I've attached a screenshot of the problem. All I've done is upgrade the firmware and connect. I don't think the estop is set, but I suppose it could be, it just wasn't before I upgraded. Also the UI is cut off at the bottom. This is present in the regular version as well. Its windows 10 and I have a 1080p screen FYI. Tried disabling UI scaling but It made it worse.
Attachments
ion_motion.png
ion_motion.png (106.98 KiB) Viewed 4276 times
Basicmicro Support
Re: IioMotion QA 1.7.0.18 UI Bug

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Thank you for the post. We will try to reproduce this. It definitely looks like a UI scalling bug(since the Stop button is also out of place and the status bar at the buttom is pushed completely out of the window).

The state of the Roboclaw would have no effect on the UI layout so I think this is purely a PC/IonMotionQA bug.

What Screen resolutiona re you running and what scaling settings did you have initally?

Also, you can go back to the current release version(1.6.6) just by running the release version and re-updating the firmware.
Basicmicro Support
Re: IioMotion QA 1.7.0.18 UI Bug

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Found the problem. The IonMotion app is not designed to be scalable, however the size controls on the corner of the app are still activated. If you do not size the app the problem shouldnt happen. We will disable the size controls in the next release.