Roboclaw 2x15A with Labview?

General discussion of using Roboclaw motor controllers
grogers422
Roboclaw 2x15A with Labview?

Post by grogers422 »

I cannot get my Roboclaw 2x15A to connect with Labview. I tried to do a visa read with no success so I moved onto the Ion Motion Roboclaw Labview library and am still having trouble. All I want to be able to do, for now, is to connect to the Roboclaw and change the duty cycle through a Labview interface. I have it initialize, move into a while loop, send argument for M1 forward, and then close after the while loop but it never seems to connect to begin with because I get an error going into the while loop. I have not been able to find any documentation on the Ion Motion library so I dont know if I am wiring it wrong in Labview or not including something that is important to the connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Basicmicro Support
Re: Roboclaw 2x15A with Labview?

Post by Basicmicro Support »

First are you using LabView 2015 or newer? The instrument driver for Roboclaw was written and tested with LabView 2015.

Can you connect to and control the Roboclaw claw through IonMotion on the same PC you are using LabView on?

In the instrument driver there is a VI for opening the Roboclaw. You should use it as your starting point for your program.

Email support@ionmc.com with your VI so we can look at it to see if we can spot something wrong.

The LabView Instrument driver doenst have any specific documetation but all VIs in the driver were designed using the same arguments as those in the Roboclaw manual.
grogers422

Post by grogers422 »

acidtech wrote:First are you using LabView 2015 or newer? The instrument driver for Roboclaw was written and tested with LabView 2015.

Can you connect to and control the Roboclaw claw through IonMotion on the same PC you are using LabView on?

In the instrument driver there is a VI for opening the Roboclaw. You should use it as your starting point for your program.

Email support@ionmc.com with your VI so we can look at it to see if we can spot something wrong.

The LabView Instrument driver doenst have any specific documetation but all VIs in the driver were designed using the same arguments as those in the Roboclaw manual.
I am using LavView 2016 and I can connect and control the duty cycle through Ion Motion on the same PC.

I start with initializing the Roboclaw, then send it into a while loop with M1 duty VI, and then close after the while loop. Attached I have a picture of my VI. It is very simple just to try to connect to the Roboclaw and change the duty cycle of the power output.
Attachments
Roboclaw Duty Cycle.PNG
Roboclaw Duty Cycle.PNG (37.71 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
Basicmicro Support

Post by Basicmicro Support »

Its been a while since I've setup a new vi. I'll try to set aside some time this weekend to work on it. Send me an email poke latter this week. support@ionmc.com