I''d used this forum extensively as a resource during the trouble-shooting phase of this project, and I am quite pleased to announce I have crushed all of the gremlins
I'll upload some pics as well, but here's the full demo video.
It's a bit long, but try to make it at least to 1:40 or so, where you can better see how it works:
- Basic Micro MCP233 controller driving NPC T64 motors with 4,000 CPR encoders fitted to the motor shafts. I'm only running these at ~12V (3S lipo), so current limits haven't been an issue.
- Basic Micro RoboClaw 2x30A controller driving a generic windshield wiper worm gear motor at ~24V (6S lipo). A 1,600 CPR is fitted to the output shaft.
- 2x Teensy 3.2 (1 Upper & 1 Lower)
- 1x MPU 9250 (Lower only )
- 1x 12CH Tx, RadioLink AT10
- 2x 12CH Rx (1 Upper & 1 Lower), RadioLink R12DS